September 24th,2023. 6:51 p.m
It is amazing to think that three years ago, the whole world stopped. Who would think that for a while people would be afraid to go out? Who would have thought that tourist places visited by thousands of people a week would close their doors indefinitely? I don’t think anyone.
Talk about the COVID-19 pandemic is not an easy thing to do, I think that if we do so, it would take a long time, but I don’t want to write about something that we all know.
On today's blog, I would like to share some thoughts based on my own experiences during this tragic situation.
I believe that most people suffered a lot during this pandemic, not only because of the disease itself but also economically, socially and also in something as important as mental health.
In the city where I live, Ilobasco, many well-known people lost their lives. Other people closed their businesses permanently due to the lack of income during the lockdown. Some others tried to take their own lives caused by anxiety, others suffered abuse in their own homes, and many more difficult scenarios were experienced during that time.
In my personal case, I think it was my mental health that was most affected during that time. I was afraid, but beyond the fear of infecting myself, it was the fear that my family would be infected, especially my two grandmothers, because of their age and it was very difficult for their bodies to resist that disease. In my family, one of my cousins was severely affected by Covid-19. He was admitted in the "Hospital El Salvador" for more than 15 days, he could not breathe and was not conscious, however, thanks to God, he was able to recover and become a survivor of this terrible virus.
You will probably wonder if I also got Covid-19, so let me tell you that the answer to this is affirmative. In October 2021, I was infected by Covid-19, but thank God it wasn’t serious. In my case, as I said before, this disease affected me more my mental health than physically. The only symptoms I experienced were tiredness, headache and loss of smell and taste. However, spending 15 days locked in my room, without going out or seeing anyone, was the most stressful of the situation. I could not stop thinking if my family was also infected, it was a desperate anxiety. Thank God no one else in my family was infected, and we could continue with our lives in a normal way.
Perhaps this situation was not so complicated for me and my family, compared to many other people who suffered much more because of this disease, but despite that, I thank God for protecting us till this day. And for all my colleagues and friends who are reading this and went through hard times, illness or some loss during this pandemic, I want to wish you a lot of strength and a warm embrace, because we’re still here alive, and that’s why we have to be grateful for that.

I know that COVID-19 pandemic was really hard! Many people were severely affected by it not only physically, but also mentally and economically. I totally agree with you that we have to be thankful for still being alive because many people died during this terrible pandemic. I also got infected by the virus, but fortunately, the symptoms were mild, since I only got flu and cough.
ResponderEliminarI remember those times really well. If someone woud have told me that was going to happen I would have never believed that. It's almost unbelievable. My family got infected as well. My sister experienced the hardest part but gladly she recovered. I remember I experienced some anxiety episodes, we must be really grateful that we are still alive as you say.
ResponderEliminar