sábado, 30 de septiembre de 2023

The impact of a click: the culture of immediacy

September 30th, 2023.             5:26 p.m

Last week during my free time, I was watching some videos on YouTube, and I found one that caught my eye. Here I share the link.

The video mentions that in our current society, or "in the digital age", we are immersed in a culture of immediacy as never before. From instant message response to food delivery in minutes, our society increasingly values immediate satisfaction.

However, this culture has not only brought advantages, but also consequences. In this blog, I will share some effects of how immediate is affecting our communication and consumption, as well as our mental health, interpersonal relationships and our ability to appreciate the value of waiting and effort.

One of the most notable effects of this culture is the constant anxiety. That’s why the title of today’s blog is "the impact of a click", as the need to get instant responses in our digital interactions can lead to overwhelming pressure and a sense of always being "online". 

Sometimes we do not want to make the least effort to get something, on the contrary, we want to get things quickly without "moving a finger", for example some people order food at home in a restaurant that is close to their home, instead of going there. 

In addition, the culture of immediacy has caused patience and waiting capacity to disappear altogether. We’re used to getting what we want instantly, from buying the latest phone to shopping online.

This can make it difficult for us to think for ourselves, as well as to appreciate slower and more thoughtful processes, such as book analysis or solving complex problems that require time. At this point, we can mention the famous A.I that we find easily on the internet, which have reduced the ability of people to think in our current society.

In conclusion, I believe that while the culture of immediacy offers comfort and efficiency in many aspects of modern life, it is crucial to be aware of its consequences. Finding a balance between instant gratification and appreciation for slower moments is essential to our mental health and overall quality of life.

It is important to bear in mind that reflection and patience remain valuable virtues in a world that often moves quickly due to new technological advances that do not stop spreading on the planet.



2 comentarios:

  1. I couldn't agree more with you. Technology has had a huge impact on our life, but it is important to mention the side effects of this technological era. Personally, I will say that we should not always rely on technology, and we should not become dependent on its use. Technology is main in our life, but we have to moderate its use.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You are totally right. Technology can be a really good friend if we know how to use. However, sometimes is mandatory as we study, work and develop different activities online. I wish I could use it less because lately I've been experiencing headaches and back pain.

    ResponderEliminar

Experience in the Storytelling.

Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 Participating in this activity has certainly been a very nice experience.   Through this blog, I’m going to tel...