September 17th, 2023. 7:15 p.m
In today's blog, now that we are on September, I would like to share some anecdotes related to the Independence day of our country.
It is kind of crazy to realize that eight years ago, I first participated in the Independence Day parade. This happened in 2015, when I had the role of carrying the flag during the September 15 parade. The tour lasted for about four hours, making its way through the city's major streets before concluding at the municipal stadium. I remember I was so tired and I promised I would never participate again.
One year later, in 2016 I broke that promise, and once again I participated in the parade, but this time as a member of the school
music band. I played the trumpet and we were practicing for three months all the songs that were going to be played in the parade. I really enjoyed that experience because in September, the Ilobasco Festivities (Fiestas Patronales) are celebrated, so there are more parades in which we participated playing.Later on, In 2017 when I was in high-school, I didn't want to participate in the music band because I didn't have enough time for the practice sessions, but some of my friends
convinced me to participate, and I did. In fact, It was a little more difficult because I didn't have free time since I spent the entire day, the whole week at the institution. However, it was a fascinated experience that I will never forget. Here I share one picture of me and my cousin after the parade.Finally, in 2018, my last year at High school, I participated one last time in the music band because I wanted to play another instrument. This time I played the French horn, it was similar to the trumpet abut the sound it was like a trombone, and it was a
little bit bigger than the trumpet. I remember it was a memorable experience not only because it was my last time, but we were also considered the best music band in the city, and we played in some parades in other towns nearby.
I think it’s always good to remember all those wonderful experiences every year. This past friday, on September 15, I attented the parade, because my younger brother also participated in the school music band playing the trumpet, and it made me feel nostalgic because some years I also was there, and I began to think about how fast the time goes, and that only the memories remain.



Even if it seemed difficult back in time. I am glad you took the decision to continue participating in the band. You look really handsome with the uniform!
ResponderEliminarThat's fantastic! I like your pics. I am really glad that you had a good time participating in the music band. In my case, I never participated in the school band, but I enjoyed listening to it.
ResponderEliminarI agree with Melanie u look handsome hahaha... I admire the challenges u took in the band... those are really hard instruments...
ResponderEliminar